Westchase Soccer Association (WSA) is a non-profit organization that is run by volunteers. WSA provides recreational soccer programs to over 600 children ages 3 to 14 years old on co-ed teams. The volunteers strive to manage and maintain a quality youth soccer program. WSA's success is due to the dedicated service of its volunteers. It was founded by volunteers and is administered by a volunteer board of directors. WSA proudly runs on the effort and enthusiasm of its volunteers.
WSA's goal is to introduce young players to the sport and to help each participant to grow not only as a player but also as a person. WSA strives to help participants develop by learning the importance of following rules, fair-play, good sportsmanship and respect for other players as well as our volunteers.
The WSA Board of Directors are unpaid volunteers who devote many hours of their personal time to organize the league. WSA's mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs where everyone builds positive character through participation in a fun, family environment based on the following philosophies:
- Our program is open to all children ages 3 to 14. No experience is necessary
- We want children of any level (beginners to experienced) to play soccer. Everyone plays--just follow the rules for participation and have enthusiasm!
- Teams are co-ed, play in-house, and are set up as evenly as possible.
- It's more fun when teams are of equal ability.
- Coaches are trained and encouraged to make the extra effort to understand and offer positive help to our players, rather than use negative criticism.
- This approach builds a positive team spirit.
- We create a positive environment based upon mutual respect, rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude.
- Our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in our kids and our volunteers.
No official score will be recorded nor will WSA keep any standings.